Sunday, September 6, 2015

Blog entry #1 Oh my blog


One of the first blogs I came across in my research for this project was my favorite from all the sites I researched.  Voted one of the top blogs according to Time Magazine, I was quick to agree once I found The Bloggess. Author Jenny Lawson writes in a way that entertains to an audience who enjoys a chuckle with some commentary on a variety of subjects in a dark comedic tone.  The style to the Bloggess  is feminine, black text with hot pink links. The overall design to the page brings balance to the eye with text and imagery for the viewers.  Lawson's voice is enjoyable as it's read, inviting to a adult audience with a southern drawl placed with "y'all" throughout the blog.  Without being too professional the author is still clear with a purposeful direction in each entry while sharing her daily mom life.  The author shares information about her online shop while still being entertaining to the audience, introducing her business cleverly named "Eight Pounds Of Uncut Cocain",
and after a good laugh I shared her page.   Jenny Lawson does a wonderful job sharing a hilarious point of view while simultaneously running a business through this blog.

     The next blog that I thought was worth talking about is The http://www.huffingtonpost.com. A political page that shares information on world events.  The page has a large selection of topics in a menu bar at the top, ranging from politics to health or comedy presented in a professional almost newspaper style overall.  The voice is multiple opinions by the numerous writers working for website, offering different opinions on the varying subjects.  The overall direction seems to be news with a left leaning tone.  This blog influenced me to read about world wide situations and what i read was clear and descriptive. The opening caption as I opened the page read "TRUMP vs POPE" with images of both men speaking into microphones and pointing at one another.
 This was definitely a helpful site I might consider to catch up on current events with.  While not being a huge news and current events follower, this would be a nice go to for me, so give it a whirl maybe.

     Third blog, with a bullet, is Sleepless Nights.  So, without being too mean, I suggest this blog if you like a mom with honest, diary entry text.  The style of Sleepless Nights page looks like a diary entry as well, with just wafts of a business professional woman trying to sell you soap in between the sad talk.   Author Veronica uses this page to discuss topics like her poor health, grieving and being tired in a personal tone.  Her voice is honest, and is identifiable for moms who work or snuggle emotionally.  One of her entires "A Little Bit Discombobulated.  Also, tired." gives the audience a personal note to her day.  Yet at the end of the entry it has pictures of her soap she made with a please buy some under the picture linkThis made the direction overall confusing to me as a reader.  A little disappointed, because I did love how fantastic the soap she makes looks, I was disenchanted by the text around the blog. 
http://thebloggess.com

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading Huff Post blogs for a while they are decent. Some things they need to work on like transphobic issues, but no main stream media is perfect. You may want to resize the soap picture because it's gigantic. :)

    ReplyDelete