Monday, September 7, 2015

Entry#2 What We Do In The Shadows


Over the weekend between working, homework and a little traveling adventure, I managed to sit down and squeeze in a movie while I drew for some upcoming projects.  As a tattoo artist I find myself listening to a lot of movies because its a welcome break from my playlists or Pandora radio as I am drawing for upcoming appointments for the week.  My rule for movies while I am working is the screen is down so I am listening to what is going on but my attention is still focused on what needs to get done. 
So, with this I will now tell you, I stopped working and sat down to watch the best movie I have seen in a few months and had to continue with work after, and it was worth every minute.  I had a friend of mine recommend watching What We Do In The Shadows a few weeks ago, and now I know I want to tell you to watch it too if you love dark comedy with adult content.
A quirky vampire film,  this movie entertains its audience with a reality TV style look at the nightly lives of a home of vampires who enjoy having other vampire roommates.  The tone is B list horror movie with one strongly silly funny bone.  As I viewed the film there was no areas of the comedy that dragged or weren't that entertaining, its well written and well acted from beginning to end.  I highly recommend this film as a refreshing spoof of reality television which was a clever format for this movie.  Twilight be damned, these damned souls were so much more for the audience to enjoy from beginning to end.  Without giving away too much, here is a short trailer of What We Do In The Shadows.  Please comment and let me know if you do end up watching it and what you thought after, and I hope you enjoy boys and ghouls.



1 comment:

  1. Nicole--Your blog is coming along very nicely. Great visual support to your thoughtful, interesting topics and discussions. Your voice and personality are already showing in your writing, which is great. Keep digging and connecting and engaging.

    ReplyDelete