Sunday, November 1, 2015

Blog Entry #2 Crimson Peak

October 15th, 2015 was a day that I had been anticipating for a few weeks.  I was patiently waiting for the release of a movie that I was quite excited to see before Halloween.  Crimson Peak, a horror story directed by a master of spooky film, Guillermo Del Toro, had brought to the theaters his latest work of art for the public to enjoy; just in time to see before All Hallows Eve. 
I went to see the film opening night, and like Del Toro's previous films such as Hell Boy and Pan's Labryinth, Crimson Peak was visually stunning for the audience.  While I went to this film with the expectation that I would be frightened through certain parts of the movie, I was actually met with a fantastic piece of art that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys suspense and mystery.
Crimson Peak reminded me of some of the best books that I have read. Crimson Peak reveals a house that may even surpass the uneasiness I felt while reading Edgar Allen Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher.  Without giving away too much of the new movie to any interested viewers about Crimson Peak, I do hope you enjoy knowing a little of the history of what has inspired the fantastic Director Del Toro to use as hints of reference in his new film.  Enjoy, and I hope Halloween is truly spooky for you all.

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't seen Crimson Peak yet, but I do plan to. Personally, my favorite Guillermo Del Toro movie is Pacific Rim, and I'm awaiting the sequel and animated series he has announced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole--Nicely done. Your new entries are engaging, interesting and entertaining. You have strong attention to detail, good visual appeal and thoughtful analysis. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole. I really enjoyed reading your "slanted" blog. For many years I have felt TV programs, in particular Sunday morning political shows were very biased. It's important to note that these programs are paid for in part by advertisers.These advertisers certainly have their best interest in mind and would not support a program that would result in a negative return on their investment. Unfortunately most people, unlike you, fail to do further research before casting their ballot even on important issues. It's scary to think about how "slanted" TV programs and other forms of "slanted" media may have effected the course of American history. Excellent job. I hope that all of our classmates read it.

    ReplyDelete