Sunday, October 11, 2015

Entry #11 Final Post (for now anyway)

So as my blogging days come to an end for now I reflect on the whole process and what I gained from sharing some causal thoughts with the world.  All in all I would say this has been a learning experience that keeps me learning how to do more nifty tricks with a computer. Inserting cool something here because I now know how, yippee!
I wouldn't say that I truly love blogging, but it has given me the opportunity to work on how to make my entries, (hopefully at least) a little interesting for anyone who was willing to read some of my rhetoric.  I really do hope it wasn't to painful for my tiny audience to endure.
In trying to blog on a consist time line I attempted to make the topics interesting or entertaining for my audience while attempting to maintain a humorous tone.  Overall I feel like keeping a light tone to the writing was important for me because I believe that ultimately my blogging opinion is just a spec in a universe of blogs.  While my writing exists and floats around the internet, I don't think it's actually that important it exists or has a real impact.
I will however say that blogging as an ongoing assignment in an English Class is something that I was surprised to be doing and found a little refreshing.  No offense to the English majors here but I am pretty sure this might be a pretty interesting way to involve students instead of reading countless more papers from student work.  Blogging is also nice since your saving trees at the same time while reading someones work; score!
Lastly, my suggestion for my English Professor on using a blogging assignment would be to consider letting the students choose their topics and give a solid base of what is required in an entry to see what comes of a blog that is not limited to particular subjects.  Blogging in this way could lead to some really fascinating topics; or maybe be specific in saying what may not be talked about to eliminate popular subjects in order to create more diverse subjects that will be shared by the students. 
So for now, I bid you farewell, I may return shortly though, English 102 is only 2 weeks away. 
Nicole Davy
Over and Out



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feedback and ideas. I am glad you found some value in the project.

    ReplyDelete