Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Introduction Practice Entry

Hello world, my name is Nicole, I am a mother, student, artist and adventurer.
I am a thirty two year old full time student. I am about to graduate with an Associates Degree in Fine Art from Glendale Community College (only eight weeks left).  I will be starting my Bachelors program in Fine Art at Arizona State University in the spring and will be getting a Masters Degree after that, (hopefully at the University of Washington).  I work full time as a tattoo artist and painter, and use what little free time there is left to spend with my family, and we do our best to travel and see new places as much as possible.

 This is a tattoo I recently completed from a zodiac series I am currently working on.  
This is a painting that I made in a old drawer I found in an alley.  A lot of my art borders between sculpture and found art that is re purposed for painting.  My interests are in art, with all its different styles, but recycled and re purposed work really strikes an internal chord with me.

I would like to end up working in a museum someday cleaning the works of art with my Fine Arts degree.  I really find joy in the thought of going to work someday and dusting old magnificent works of art for a living.
For now though, I just work on smaller projects of my own design.  When I am not working my hobbies are camping, yoga, and road trips.  
This is a photo of myself with my boys; we were near the Utah border in northern Arizona in an area that people used to live inside the rock formations.  Having a sense of adventure and willingness to explore the unknown is something I believe in and try to share and experience with my family as much as possible.  Thanks for getting to know me a little better.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog Nicole. Your artwork is very impressive. I can barely draw stick figures. We all have our niche in life and art seems to be yours. I know that you will able to peruse your career successfully even though I am no way an expert in the field. Keep up your hard work for the next eight weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOO for ASU. Just kidding congrats on that, I am just a born Wildcats so of course I have to say something. I am Loving some of this work you got on here I might have to hit you up after I am done being pregnant to get my new tattoo.

    ReplyDelete